Home | Sign up | Search for a penpal | Translator | Chat | Games | Support

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-10 06:02:14

Vedlen
Administrator
Vedlen

Little survey

Hello everyone,

Time for a little self checkup! Please tell us what you like best about Penpal-Gate, and also what you hate the most. Well, nothing to hate I’m sure 001_tongue, but the things you dislike.

Add your post directly to this thread!

PS: don't forget to check out our ideas contest!

Vedlen, Penpal-Gate Administrator

#2 2010-07-10 10:35:37

Diapple

Re: Little survey

Penpal Gate is a very nice site, but the thing I dislike is that I can't answer to the e-mails directly, that's not clear enough.
(My English is bad, sorry !)

#3 2010-07-10 10:43:53

ElectronicPanda

i like how you can get to find out about other countries and meet new people. the chatroom's a great idea too ^O^ but it's unclear on my profile how to look at my friends' profiles. i agree with the post above that it's kinda confusing how to directly answer to emails. other than that, love the site <3 ^^

#4 2010-07-10 10:55:05

Plume-de-Serpent

It's the site I was looking for during so long time ! Hehe !  001_tongue
Seriously, it's a really good site. I 'found' really good friends there.
I'm here for almost a year, and, many things have changed in a year. The chatroom is really better now than before, I find.
Things I dislike ? Well, I do not remember... ^^
(Sorry for my poor english... =$)

Well done Vedlen,
Have a nice day ! :*

#5 2010-07-10 11:29:55

Remus
Remus

Well I really like it here (for those who tell me I have no life , I do have one 001_tongue) ... I can't hate something here biggrin

And the mails are sent via Penpal-Gate so the sender can't see your e-mail adress directly if you don't want to share it.

>>Need help? Ask me.<<
>>Support Penpal-Gate<<
Member since 15 July 2009

#6 2010-07-10 12:29:50

EllaLuna

This is a great place. When I think about how horrible other sites is i feel like living here. Seriously.  This is a place to find friends and have fun, and thats just how it should be. biggrin

#7 2010-07-10 17:54:32

Marli

I like the chat room the most, because I can talk to people directly instead of having to go to a different site or program to talk to a person.  What I don't like is that there is only one chat room.  I think there should be more, with different languages, so everyone can use the chat room.  So, make the chat romm like the forums, I guess.   001_smile

#8 2010-07-11 12:57:48

PRNV

Well sorry to inform you i hate a thing most......

That is on the top below PENPAL-GATE it is written TO THE END OF WORLD which really doesn't make any sense.....
It should be BRINGING THE WORLD CLOSER or something other....

#9 2010-07-11 13:21:47

Hung.Yen

well, i can't find anything hate ..
i like almost everything on this site~

i like translater the most !
it's much better than yahoo or google's tranlator...

thumbup1

Last edited by Hung.Yen (2010-07-11 13:22:25)

#10 2010-07-13 20:54:16

NinaNation

hey penpal-gate! i really like your site, i found allot of people i really like thanks to this site from whole over the world!
no other site could give me this (:

i don't dislike anything here (:
greetz Nina! sweatdrop

Nina was here (:

#11 2010-07-14 19:28:56

Vedlen
Administrator
Vedlen

PRNV wrote:

TO THE END OF WORLD which really doesn't make any sense.....

I'm afraid it does though..

#12 2010-07-15 15:38:50

mjc315

I like the penpal-gate. I can make friends with all over the world. I't is my first time that join in this webside, but I hate that nobody get me a massege, although I take massege with many foreign  friends,  I'd like make friends with many people.I want to improve my english. I thing.

#13 2010-07-15 16:04:24

Hung.Yen

mjc315 wrote:

I like the penpal-gate. I can make friends with all over the world. I't is my first time that join in this webside, but I hate that nobody get me a massege, although I take massege with many foreign  friends,  I'd like make friends with many people.I want to improve my english. I thing.

i have received your email.  and i do reply :O

#14 2010-07-16 18:52:57

Hapii
VIP

I'm new here but from what I see, it's a great attempt to add some diversity to the "more-than-penpal-ads-but-not-quite-social-networking" market.  I have nothing but good things to say and I will be promoting Penpal Gate on my website.  I am an amateur web developer, and I understand how hard it is to make everything work just right and be intuitive for the user.  Any comment I make is meant to be constructive (helpful).

Well, maybe a few things to say :-)

There is no way to log in from the home page (have to go to forums to log in).

It is unclear that the lifetime VIP is entirely different from the 30-day renewable.  At first I thought the 30-day was for CC/Paypal/call/text, and the lifetime was for CC/Paypal only.  AND... the importance of including a username with the Paypal payment was not clear enough to get through my thick skull.

The "my account" link appears only briefly once you click on the "my profile" button.

Upgrade to lifetime VIP seems to take a while.  It must be done manually (understandable).

TO THE END OF THE WORLD implies time... (until the world ends)
TO THE ENDS OF THE WORLD implies distance... (thoughout the entire world)

#15 2010-07-16 19:38:53

Remus
Remus

Hey Thomas,

I might have some answers for you

Hapii wrote:

There is no way to log in from the home page (have to go to forums to log in).

Just enter your username and the password and press enter on your keyboard :-) (unless you sign from a mobile phone - log through the forums- though this site is not created for mobile phones)

Hapii wrote:

... the importance of including a username with the Paypal payment was not clear enough to get through my thick skull.

In order to know which account will get the VIP status

Hapii wrote:

The "my account" link appears only briefly once you click on the "my profile" button.

Don't click on 'my profile' just mouseover it.

Hapii wrote:

Upgrade to lifetime VIP seems to take a while.  It must be done manually (understandable).

You answered yourself

Hapii wrote:

TO THE END OF THE WORLD implies time... (until the world ends)

That is how it is meant to be

Have a nice day.

Last edited by Remus (2010-07-16 19:40:10)

>>Need help? Ask me.<<
>>Support Penpal-Gate<<

#16 2010-07-16 20:07:32

Hapii
VIP

Remus wrote:

Just enter your username and the password and press enter on your keyboard :-)

Oh, you mean where the little man and the keys are?  Honestly, after all these years, I would not have guessed what that meant (not noticed it) until you told me it WAS there.  So then I went looking in earnest.  I will revise my blog comments about this issue.

Remus wrote:

In order to know which account will get the VIP status

Yeah, I was so excited by the prospect of getting VIP (using my uncle's paypal account) that I failed to see the SMALL reminder.  My fault, but I am sure it happens fairly often.

Remus wrote:

Don't click on 'my profile' just mouseover it.

Yeah that's what I meant.  I could have looked for "my account" all day and maybe not found it.

Remus wrote:

That is how it is meant to be

Oh wow... really, till the world ends (or the website closes down, whichever comes first)?  I am sure Penpal Gate will have a nice long run, I certainly hope so, but it didn't seem to be an understandable phrase to me.

I know this may not be the appropriate place for discussion, but I am not sure where else.  The forums seem to be little used.  There is no contact information (again, a mouseover of the "support" link doesn't allow enough time to get to the "contact" button).

I really do want to be helpful.  I am not a troll :-)

#17 2010-07-16 20:38:21

Remus
Remus

Well I tried to be as helpful as possible... You have to live with some things rather than get them changed.

>>Need help? Ask me.<<
>>Support Penpal-Gate<<

#18 2010-07-16 20:59:13

Hapii
VIP

Remus wrote:

Well I tried to be as helpful as possible...

You have been helpful, and it means a lot to me to get quick answers.  I have received great treatment just now in respect to my upgrade (that I mishandled) as well.

My only purpose is to document the impressions of a new (but not inexperienced) user.  To web publishers, this kind of thing is valuable, whether it needs correcting or not.

I look forward to many discoveries (and probably more "impressions") in the future.  Thank you Remus...

#19 2010-07-16 23:24:05

redcliff

hi =)
when we open the profile page , the music begin automaticaly..
and it makes the page slowly.
i can say it will be better when it doesnt begin auto..
=)
and all another things are wonderful.thanks admin =)

#20 2010-07-17 01:04:37

JowJou
VIP

Here ? I Love Everything...
The only thing I can't stand is.. Those "new" people who are coming on the chat and.. never talk :/
It's so boring cause just because they're shy, they don't want to talk with the others !
Anyway.. I'm very happy to be there :p

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

█║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌ ║▌║
© 2010 - 2011 OяιgιиαL PяσfιLє

#21 2010-07-17 05:58:10

bridget.c

I also love everything here 001_smile). This site is the one that I had been looking for , for a long time !
I have to agree with " JowJou " , there are some "new" people who just enters the chat and doesn't want to speak :|

Keep it up Penpal-Gate and nice work Vedlen !

#22 2010-07-17 10:01:26

Vedlen
Administrator
Vedlen

I guess I'm a few hours late, but I'll try and answer every question:

@Hapii: thank you for your suggestions/comments/remarks they are indeed always welcome and useful. Remus answered most of your questions accurately.

Hapii wrote:

It is unclear that the lifetime VIP is entirely different from the 30-day renewable.  At first I thought the 30-day was for CC/Paypal/call/text, and the lifetime was for CC/Paypal only.

It is actually the same status. The lifetime is... lifetime, the 30-day renewable is... 30-day renewable. Seems pretty self-explanatory to me 001_tongue. If you're referring to the mean of payment though, I wanted as many means of payment as possible (especially phone), but through phone you get extremely little benefit (very small amounts, and 70% taxes glare).

Hapii wrote:

No, it is actually processed automatically upon Paypal confirmation. The only thing that may prevent it from being instant is the fact you might have used an e-mail address for Paypal that's different than the one you use on here.

The roll-overs are designed so that you have enough time to access any sub-menu, but I understand they may be a little buggy once in a while even though everything works fine 99% of the time.

@redcliff:

redcliff wrote:

when we open the profile page , the music begin automaticaly..
and it makes the page slowly.
i can say it will be better when it doesnt begin auto..

You can actually turn off auto loading in the My Account page.

@JowJou

JowJou wrote:

The only thing I can't stand is.. Those "new" people who are coming on the chat and.. never talk :/

As you said they may be shy, or maybe they tend to use private messages only? This is actually fairly frequent I guess.

#23 2010-07-20 09:40:02

Mariieeke

Hey,

I just found this website and it's all nice, but there's something that really annoys me...
I'm actually from belgium, but there's no belgium in the list of countries! confused1(or am I wrong?)
So I had to pick The Netherlands...

Grz
Mariieeke

The clock is running.
Make the most of today.
Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

#24 2010-07-20 09:41:47

Remus
Remus

I just checked in my list and i have Belgium :/

>>Need help? Ask me.<<
>>Support Penpal-Gate<<

#25 2010-07-20 09:49:44

Mariieeke

Remus wrote:

I just checked in my list and i have Belgium :/

uuhm, i will check again... 001_unsure

The clock is running.
Make the most of today.
Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

Board footer